Saturday, November 26, 2016

Growing up too fast .......

Hi Everyone, Tracey here to share with you 3 projects that I have created this month.

Like many people, I am shocked at how fast this year is going. I feel like I have blinked and both my boys have grown up so much in the last 12 months. Not only are they getting taller, but they certainly are growing up within themselves and becoming more independent, mature and opinionated!

I have created 2 layouts of them, both photos were taken a year ago and I honestly can't believe how much they have changed. It is a good reminder to treasure every second as they are defiantly growing up in the "blink of an eye".

"Boy on a Mission"


I have created a textured background by using a stencil and texture paste, then added colour by using some blue mist spray. I painted the ID Chipboard "Loolabelle's Chevrons #1" in blue paint which I made by adding a mica powder to white gesso.  I then have stamped using a script stamp over the Chevrons to break the solid blue. I have heat embossed the ID title "Boy on a Mission" on a aged copper to match the metal embellishments.





"Awesome"


I have used ID alphas and created a diamond shape to create my background for my photo.  Once I have laid the alphas and glued them into place I used white gesso spray and coated them, then to blend in with the paper used a grey mist to add some colour over the alphas.  I have heat embossed the chipboard words in a black with a slight sparkle. 




My final project for the month is a birthday card for my ratbag youngest son....He turns 11 in a weeks time...sigh....they are growing up way to fast!!!



I have used ID "Loolabelles circular cross Hatch " and painted in white, then heat embossed the number "11" using a black embossing powder with a slight glitter. I also heat embossed the "Happy Birthday" using a silver powder.


I hope that you all enjoy the last month of the year and all the festivities that come along with it. Treasure all those moments as life certainly goes way to fast!

    



  







1 comment:

  1. LOVE the layouts! The background on the first one blows my mind! Totally in love with it! Great colors, texture and depth! The pop of the copper chipboard against the blues is awesome!
    Love the Birthday card too!
    I agree about the kids growing up too fast! My sons are 28 and 26 now and the oldest has 2 sons, 12 and 8, and my youngest has a 4 year old daughter.
    Jenna, the 4 year old, and her Dad live with us and I watch her while he works. I cannot believe that she is already 4 and I am cherishing every moment that I have with her. It is almost like I get a second chance to be able to really enjoy every second while realizing that the dishes, laundry, supper and whatever other chores need doing, can wait while we make those little memories that are so important!
    Enjoy them while they are still young enough to make those little memories! You will remember those moments more than whether dishes are clean or laundry is done! :-)
    Have a great weekend and thanks for sharing these creations with me!

    ReplyDelete