Monday, March 23, 2015

Mixed Media Fun!!

Hi, everyone. Carol here today. I will be sharing 3 projects, one of which is a spin-off project.

For the first project, I created a tag. Its a super early gift to my hubby for our 11th wedding anniversary. Our wedding anniversary is on 11 September (a date my hubby booked the wedding hall without realising its 911). LOL... Really early gift, right. Who says we can't make a gift in advance??

For the tag, I painted it with grey acrylic paint on both sides, stamped with swirl stamps and inked the edges. 

For the chipboards, I painted them and added glitter. Love the sparkle!!


 For the back of tag, I leave it simple and just added the sentiment stickers


"Cheeky Monkey" Layout

I loved this photo of my boy. Loved his cheeky expression and pretty eyes!! He used to love play pretend. And in this picture, he overturned 2 Ikea tables and chairs and turn them into a ship. The frisbee-looking thing he held in his hands was the helm. How creative kids are!


Here's how I do the background:
1) Apply a thin layer of clear gesso over page. Spread texture paste over Prima stencil. Heat dry.


2) Using a wet brush, spread diluted brown mists around the textures.

3) Stamped randomly around the textures with swirls stamps. Using gel medium as glue to pick up some microbeads and seed beads and spread around page.


4) Then adhere the painted chipboards, photo, papers and other embellishments.

For the corner chipboards (I used the negative of a chipboard corner as the base here), I left it raw.

For the alpha chipboards and the 2 James corner chipboards, I painted them with acrylic paint before use a dry, flat, stiff bristle brush to pick up brown mist and drag lightly across the chipboards. I wanted to create a wood effect. For the title I just add glitter glue over the painted surface to make it stand out.

For my next project, its actually a spin off of this layout. This layout is not the actual first piece that I created. Because I made a mistake in adding some blue drips across the page and I spoilt it!!! So I had to redo this layout.
In this photo, you can see the first piece (bottom) and the redone page above. I pulled out all the chipboards, embellishments and photo and papers. Normally we would have thrown away the spoilt piece. But I kept it and a project was spin off from it.


Here's what I made with half of the spoilt piece.

"Love Every Minute" Mixed Media Canvas



For the canvas sides, I do the same as the layout by spreading texture paste over stencil and mist it.

For the chipboard titles, I painted them white then use a black pen and write out the words. Recently I'm into calligraphy and I love this font. 


For the extra tiny Kerri Flourish chipboards, I gesso over them and watercolor with distress inks.


To create more texture on the chipboard swirl corners, I dabbed gesso over to create the rough effect and watercolor with distress inks.


Hope you are inspired by my projects. Here's the chipboards I have used:













Thanks for dropping by. Don't forget to leave a comment to win a pack of chipboards. Have fun!

8 comments:

  1. wonderful projects.you did here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Awesome projects!! Sooo Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my.. These are stunning. I LOVE the way you treated the chipboard by just adding gesso and then watercolor with Distress ink. It makes it look grungy..
    The first one the tag is especially a favourite of mine. You really made a fabulous job on all these projects.
    Thank you so much for sharing. It provides great inspiration.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all the chip board
    used on these lovely
    projects!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creating Carol & great tutorial too! Thanks for sharing how you made these stunning projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creating Carol & great tutorial too! Thanks for sharing how you made these stunning projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects! I love your Cheeky Monkey LO, it is so gorgeous and fun! And using the spoilt piece in a beautiful way, that is great! Any accident can be turned into something pretty, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing these great projects - I love your chipboard designs.

    ReplyDelete