Monday, February 23, 2015

Fun projects by Carol

Hi, Carol with you again and today I will be sharing 2 fun projects with you.

First is this layout titled "Someone's Having Too Much Fun". Its a page documenting my girl having fun with her first set of stickers when she's 3 years old. 



For the background, I applied clear gesso randomly across page. Then I watercolored over the page before add texture paste over a houndstooth stencil. I also added some yellow paint with texture paste over a stars stencil.


Then I layered some Simple Stories frames cutouts and added stickers. For the chipboard title, I painted it with dark brown acrylic paint. Love this chipboard!!


My girl really had too much fun with her stickers. I love this picture of her. She was so determined to use up all stickers that she simply had to add some on me and later on, on her baby brother. LOL.

For my second project, I altered the cover of my Prima art journal. It was a black fabric cover with cream polka dots. 


To tone down the black, I applied gesso over the page. I used Prima/ Finnabair black sand texture paste over a stencil. Love the grainy black sand. I used quite alot of mediums on this cover. It was a experimenting project for me. You can see some bright shiny specks of turquoise and gold (used Jacquard Lumiere bright gold and pearl turquoise), green mists and yellow mists, MS apatite microbeads, black acrylic paint splatters and some not so obvious watercolors (Twinkling H2O's apple blossom and teal zircon).


For the chipboard title, I painted them white. As I'm short of one letter, R, I cut out the negative side. Love how it looks. For the "2015" chipboard numbers, I colored them with Viva Decor Inka Gold.


I also added some gesso and paints over the flowers to blend them in. 


For the finishing touch, I added some black half pearls randomly.

And here's the chipboards I have used for both projects:

Loolabelle's Love Arrows IDD0030

Main Letter set lowercase IDA0005

Sheet of numbers IDN0002

Loolabelle's Nested IDDL0017

Someone's Having Too Much Fun IDP0118

I hope you enjoy my projects. Please leave a comment to go into the draw to win a pack of chipboard.
Have fun.

Thanks for dropping by.


4 comments:

  1. How cute is your LO?!!! Love your cover too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layout with your
    daughter and the other
    one is so colorful with
    all those flowers!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS colours & textures Carol!!!
    ... I want to reach out and touch each one :)

    ReplyDelete