Sunday, June 22, 2014

Decorated Box and WW1 layout by Sue Smyth


Beautiful Smile WW1 layout 
and Decorated box 
by Sue Smyth 

This month I am sharing a cute little
 box I made for my desk and my White with one layout.


I found this sugary glittered B at a junk shop and bought it to work with one day. 
All of my children's names start with the letter B so I thought 
I had a good chance of it being useful. lol 


I have started with a chip filing box from office works, which
was black.
I have applied egg shell to the top, added lots of alcohol inks and
a coat or two of dimensional magic. 


Once dry I have added braid, Imaginarium chipboard and rhinestones strips
Spray with Dylusions ink and when dry rub over with gold paint.
For some detail I have added gold embossed corners 
and pearls.

Imaginarium Chipboard 


Beautiful Smile layout
White with one (Pomegranate)

This months challenge was the colour pomegranate which is one of 
my favourite colours, so I had no trouble whipping up a 
layout.
I have started with a plain sheet of Vanilla cardstock 
and covered areas with gesso and a stencil to 
add pattern.
Then sprayed with a combination of Pomegranate and Postbox Red 
Dylusions. Add a few flicks of black and white too.


I really wanted a heart with wings, but did not have one so 
substituted with the bracket frame and a resin heart. I liked 
the result.


The Moroccan screen behind the photo is simply embossed with gold
embossing powder.
I love the chipboard child on the side. I did not have the shape
I wanted left in the set, so used it as a mask and sprayed instead.
Then layered over the chip shape I did have which is painted
with gesso then sprayed with dylusions and had a final 
rub of fuchsia pearlex.


My hot tip with White with one layout is..
don't be afraid to use the "sister" colours  of the challenge
colour , in other words the neighboring colour on the colour wheel. 


Imaginarium Chipboard




Dont forget to leave a comment
to go in the running for a prize pack.

Happy Crafting 




1 comment:

  1. Both beautiful Sue but the layout took my eye, love how you created the heart with wings.

    ReplyDelete