Sunday, November 24, 2013

With Or Without Paper?

Good morning! Julianne here today, to share two very different layouts with you. The first layout has been created using absolutely no patterned paper. The second layout has been created using nearly nothing but patterned paper - two very different styles, and two very different layouts. (Oh, and it is the same child in both layouts, just taken eight years apart).  

"YOU INSPIRE ME"


Yes, I have created this layout without using any patterned paper. My background has been created with a mask, texture paste, spray mists (some splattered and some sprayed), and washi tape. That is all. (My background is actually a large sheet of 12x12 chipboard that has been painted with white gesso). 


Since I didn't have the benefit of patterned paper to help decorate my layout, I filled the page with ID chipboard pieces, and lots of flowers. The title "You Inspire Me" has been coated with dark blue ink, then covered with a coat of blue glitter Kindy Glitz, and a sprinkle of silver glitter.

I wanted the peacock feather to stand out, so I have inked the edges with a dark blue ink, and covered the centre with a pale blue ink. Next, I covered the dark blue outer edges with Glimmer Glaze (Northern Lights), and coated the pale blue centre with Kindy Glitz. 


The small clock faces have been covered with a medium blue ink and a coating of Glimmer Glaze, while the large compass frame (I only used the outer part and kept the watch frame for another project) has been covered with grey ink, then coated with Silver Tinsel embossing powder, which has been heated, and set. (It is a little hard to see the compass frame as much of it has been covered by the flowers, but it is definitely there). 

IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS PRODUCTS USED:











OTHER PRODUCTS: Prima flowers; Crafter's Workshop stencil; resin flowers; washi tape; texture paste;  Shimmerz sprays; Glimmermists; Ingvilde Bolme Prima inks; Glimmer Glaze; Dimensional Magic; Kindy Glitz; Stickles Glitter; clear embossing powder; silver tinsel embossing powder; and paper doily. 

"PICTURES OF YOU"


In my second layout, you can see that I have largely relied on the patterned paper to embellish my layout. I have used the Imaginarium Designs chipboard to highlight certain areas of the layout, and I have done this by using bold colours - black and hot pink. 


The phrase "Pictures Of You" has been inked with hot pink ink, then coated with Glossy Accents (to highlight and protect).


The corners have been coated with black ink, then I have have added black glitter embossing powder. Once heated and set, it leaves a beautiful sparkle on the chipboard (as opposed to flat black embossingh powder). The pink heart has been covered with hot pink ink, pink Kindy Glitz, then a coat of Glossy accents (once the glitter was dry). 

IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS PRODUCTS USED:







OTHER PRODUCTS: Graphic 45 papers; Kaisercraft rhinestones; Ingvilde Bolme Prima inks; black tinsel embossing powder; Kindy Glitz; and Glossy Accents.

Thank-you for joining me today. I hope I have been able to show you just how versatile Imaginarium Designs chipboard can be, not matter what style of layout you create. That's the beauty of ID chipboard - it's flexibility - it can be used for any project.

If you would like to view more of my work, please visit my blog: 

I hope you are having an awesome weekend. Happy creating! 
Cheers, Jules. xxx


4 comments: