Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Boy Layout and Easter Basket

It can be hard to do boy layouts, but I just love them as it is a great chance to do loads of texture and mixed media suits boys and men so well. Here I have used loads of Imaginarium cogs 2 sets of large and one small set, along with the negative shape, and a mask of cogs. I have applied texture paste over the mask as a base and while wet, I have attached one set of chip cogs. Allow this to dry and then paint with gesso, randomly,
when dry spray with a few mist of your choice. 


 This is the fun part, watching those lovely areas of texture popping up. Once the background was completed, I have added another set of cogs along with the mini set, these I have embossed and inked, some I have embossed with a cog embossing folder to give a little detail. I just love to see how far you can push a layout, often I have it finished on my work bench and continue adding as I am tiding up, just to see at what point I should stop lol.








Imaginarium Chipboard Materials  











Easter Basket 
To Celebrate Easter I made an over the top Easter basket. I love the imagery of Easter, but here in Australia it is not spring and we don't seem to do as much with Easter crafts.
I have made this basket with an old circular box. Painted it white and sprayed with Gesso as a finish. 
Then I have been able to Spritz with glimmer mists and add Scalloped edging and loads of chipboard and 3 D flowers. All of the flowers I have sprayed with adhesive and drenched in white glitter, to give that sugared look.

Most of the chipboard I have kept simple, but for the leaves I have painted them white with gesso first, then applied Crushed Olive Distress Ink by Tim Holtz, when this is dry, dab over versa mark and apply UTEE, heat and while it is heating you will see a wonderful mottled look appear, along with a glossy coat. 
I have given the "Happy Easter" the ombre look, graduated colour leading into white. This is easily achieved by painting the alpha white and adding the colour of your choice along the bottom only and blending up into the white. Then coat with Dimensional magic, and I like to add white glitter too, for sparkle.




Imaginarium Chipboard Materials 





I hope you enjoy these projects and they inspire you create something of your own.
Dont forget to add a comment to go in the running for a great prize 
cheers Sue Smyth 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I truly love the mixed media on your boys page and those colours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, I love what you did with the chippies and the basket is just wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boy page looks absolutely amazing and that basket is adorable! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your boy layout....just super and love all cogs and texture! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the fine details and how you used the chipboard... really very beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete