Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mini Album and Butterflies

Hi Everyone, Hope you're all having a wonderful day!!  I want to congratulate all the ladies who made the cut for Graphic 45 design team, WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!!!

I have two projects to share with you today.  One is a mini album and one is a layout, hope you enjoy!!



This is the first one which is the mini album.



For the cover I used some pop dots for the fussy cut flowers and some pretty brown fabric ribbon that I had in my stash.  I used a circle punch with the G45 paper to add to the paper circle lables and attached some copper butterflies and a fairy too for some added eye candy.



This is the first inside page.  I made a simple pocket on the bottom with some tags inserted.  I loved using the Eiffel Tower on this page, the colors I used really stand out against the tones of the G45 papers.


This is the 2nd page of the book, and this is a pocket that can hold 3-5 tags.  I learned it on youtube, from Michelle at ThePaperAddiction.


This is the backside of the above pocket with I attached with some G45 ribbon inside the second page.


And this is the right hand side of the second page with a side pocket.


And here's the last page with a couple of the tags pulled out for you to see.  To alter the chipboard pieces I first gessoed them, then used some Shimmerz Paints Enamelz (Molten Metal), let that dry and then applied some Lindy's Stamp Gang (Twilight Blue Slate).  I then inked them with a bit of Tim Holtz Soot Black here and there.

Imaginarium Designs Products Used:

Hot Air Balloons On Board IDS0010


Eiffel Tower (Small) IDS0049


Swirl Corners (4 per board) IDC0002


Oval Frames IDT0002


Other products used:  Graphic 45 "Kraft Reflections Collection", Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Lindy's Stamp Gang, Shimmerz Paints, Graphic 45 Metal Brads.


And for my second project here's my layout.


For this layout I used the beautiful Monarch Butterflie which I cut in half for the sides of the photo and the cute It's A Girl Thing Phrase.  This is a photo of my scrappin buddies little girl and her besties.  To alter the chipboard pieces I first gessoed them and then applied some ColorBox's Mixed Media "Jasmin" and then inked the bottom with some ColorBox Rose Pink and the top with some Colorbox Silver and then dapped some of the Jasmin on top of that and dapped a bit of black around the edges.




Imaginarum Designs Products Used:








Other products used:  My Mind's Eye "29th Street Market" papers from my stash.  Cottage Cuts Florishes (love them), ColorBox Mix'd Media Jasmin, ColorBox Rose Pink and Silver, I Am Roses mini roses, Prima wooden paper clip.

Thanks for taking a peek and I hope you enjoy!!

Don't forget to leave a comment on the blog to be entered to win some awesome chipboard!!!

For more of my projects and work you can go to:http://lostcoastscrapper.blogspot

8 comments:

  1. Wow, such gorgeous projects! You always do such wonderful work with these deep and elegant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just ordered my first stash of ID chipboard and can't wait to see what I can do. You've given lots of inspiration here with your mini and layout, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your vintage projects Karen! So much detail and beautiful chipboard treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Karen!! The mini is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely!!! Love all the treatments of the chippies...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just gorgeous Karen! love that mini! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such a fan, and when you use G45 I just do speed clapping and grin all over my face! Love the projects!

    ReplyDelete