Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Please Welcome April's Guest Designer

Hi Everyone
Hope you all had a great Easter, with family and friends, we all need some time out from  busy lives. I know I did, hence no blog post for a few days. But now it is back to work.
We have a special lady for our guest designer. Please welcome -
Ruby Claire
Hey there!
My name is Ruby. Pleasure to meet you! I’m 17 and have just begun my first year of university studying English, French, Philosophy and Sociology. I have been scrapbooking and steering more into mixed media and art journaling since I was 13. The scrapbooking and art community is indescribable, it’s what keeps me motivated to make time to be creative. I loved working with ID chipboard this month! Absolutely gorgeous products and so versatile! I particularly loved experimenting with chalks and spray paint, the chipboard holds well with it. I definitely suggest trying some of my favourite designs; the feathers and peacock feathers- I don’t think I could ever get sick of them!

Thanks so much for sharing a little about your self with us Ruby, now to her work! You can tell she loves mix media, it shows on all her projects.

What a wonderful layout, I love the what Ruby has done to the background of her layout. She has used one of our chipboard feathers as a mask. Ruby also added one of our mini butterflies but left it raw.


Look at this wonderful box, Ruby has made. She has done an amazing background to the lid of her box before she has even started.  I love the finish on the chipboard. Don't you love the colours and details.


A close up of the chipboard.
 

Another wonderful project from Ruby. This one is a canvas. Again look at the background on her canvas. You can tell that Ruby loves working with paint and sprays.


Again an amazing finish to her chipboard, she has done a lot of different layers to her butterfly.


Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful work with us, Ruby. We wish you all best with your studies this year! Sounds like you will be very busy.
To see more of Ruby's work, visit her blog.

7 comments:

  1. Ruby, Your work is amazing, I love what you've done with the chippies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful projects Ruby! I cannot wait to see more of your artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruby, Congrats on GDT spot. Your work is so beautiful and inspirational!
    Thank you for sharing!
    ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, congrats Ruby on your Guest DT spot. love your projects, so amazing. Your artwork is so inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooooot WTG Ms Ruby you continue to Rock creatively!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrat's Ruby on your GDT spot. I love all of your mix media projects!!!
    ava

    ReplyDelete