Friday, July 15, 2011

Awesomeness is a word ......

I'm sure it is a real word! It's what I think of when I look at pages by Miss Louise Nelson!




"U Girlz so Rok"

This first layout is one that Louise has created as a gift for a friend.
Amanda and her friends organise a wonderful retreat, Escape to Create, in Port Lincoln, South Australia. This is the best retreat SA has to offer!
This year Louise was asked teach a workshop for which she was so honored and excited to be asked. As a thank you Louise decided to create a layout instead of a card for Amanda and the other fabulous organisers Meredith and Sue, [who both get one of their own].
The photo featured is of all three of the wonderful organisers.
For this particular layout Louise has used an ID chipboard background, and off-cuts and negative punch outs, [Louise isnt going to tell you what the heart shapes are punched out from just yet LOL it is from one of her new designs] The off cut and hearts have been adhered to the background and had gesso randomly scraped over them, before being covered with spray mist and outlined with a black posca pen.



"Butterfly love"

This layout features one of Louise's new designs, the large hessian square. If you would like to know what she has done to the chipboard shape and background, just follow this link http://thecolorroom.ning.com/forum/topics/chipboardbackground-paint-1

I have also used Lou's hessian square on this page I did for My Scrapbook Nook!



Thanks again for stopping by - I have been a little lazy on the blogging - scrapping up a storm here and getting ready for our Annual All Day Scrap where Jane, Heather, Steph and I are teaching to 90 dedicated scrappers!

Don't forget to leave a comment to win some ID chippies!


xxxx
Natalie

16 comments:

  1. wow!!! some gorgeous creations!! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G. as always Loo .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible layouts! Such a unique and beautiful style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise's work is amazing, as always !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love her work. Her creations are always so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these layouts are so lovely and creative! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how casual they feel! The emphasis is on the photo but is enhanced by the embellishments. So very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesomeness is SO a word in my mind anyway... Well it pops into my head when I see these layouts, no other word says it quite as well. (as I sit here in total awe with what I've just seen!) keep the AWESOMENESS coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree, awesomeness is definitely a word...how else could one describe Louise's LOs, she has such a beautiful & awesome style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA! of course awesomeness is a perfectly splending way of saying Louiseness which equals to something totally cool and just eye popping amazing!! Here's to the awesomeness of all these glorious pages!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow these are amazing layouts.. i just love that hessian square.. so funky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really interesting..inspiring! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful and inspiring layouts, just awesome, love those chippies :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the projects by Lou and even a photo of my 2 great friends and me amongst the beautiful layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creations. Love the colour combinations and the use of the chippies. Simply STUNNING work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your always amaze me how brillantly you create! I adore it and love the inspirations... your chippy shapes TOTALLY ROCK!!!! xx :)

    ReplyDelete